Who is the social event and activities organiser?
Social Events & Activities Organiser is someone who brings a group of people together, who organizes events or activities for people to enjoy, socialise, meet one another, relax and have fun together in a respectful manner.
What will you do?
As the Social Events & Activities Organiser, you will be organising, arranging your end to end local social gatherings for retirees in your state, city, town or suburb. The activities can vary from simple public meetups, locally themed get togethers, museums and art exhibitions, drinks, lunch or dinner, local activities like walks in the forest or by the beach, lakes and many more. This is basically your idea, your outing, you are taking charge of organising this for 4Retirees members and their friends. At the same time, you will be with people, out and about, you will be making new friends and getting recognition in your local community.
As the Social Events & Activities Organiser, it is your responsibility to:
- Create ideas for events & activities
- Always practice good listening skills; be able to process; to effectively mediate, and to identify members needs and activities that 4Retirees members would like to attend
- Arrange & take part in activities for the 4retirees members and their friends
- Plan each activity and communicate with participants/invitees
- Organise your own weekly & monthly activities calendar; this can be done and monitored by setting up all activities in our platform via member account
- Communicate your events and activities by creating posts on meetups, FB, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Pinterest and our own 4Retirees community as well as other channels you might have identified yourself
- Work with the 4Retireees administrator to promote your events via weekly eNewsletter
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills, always establish and build good relationships with other people, be kind, caring and welcoming, make everyone feel good and a part of the community.
- Make sure everyone knows and complies with 4Retirees community guidelines rules at the events and activities
You can also support and volunteer by organising social activities for people who need care and support, as well as assisting individuals so they can take part. These participants are usually based in care homes, day centres, aged care facilities but you could also organise community events in their locations if you get specific organisation permission to do so.
As the Social Events & Activities Organiser, you are focused on building and growing 4Retirees social administration, expanding 4Retirees membership base, raising questions or alternatives, developing sound and well-planned strategies and activities that benefit and improve our member’s lifestyle and facilitating all those sessions.
Many of you have been asking us if we have any opportunities where you can do “Volunteering Near Me” so we are hoping this has answered your questions and we can bring joy to your life. We will be alongside you all the way by guiding and helping you with your ventures!