Wifi and Mobile Networks
About this course
Master how to navigate your Home Network!
Wi-Fi has become a generic term often indicating access to the internet. An Internet connection from a major carrier is converted into a wireless source so it can be received by lots of people simultaneously on the same Wi-Fi network.
Learn more about how to connect to Wi-Fi in your home and what the difference is between Wi-Fi and 4G or 5G mobile networks.
A home network lets you use any number of devices on one home internet plan. Read about what you need for a home network, how to set it all up, and different ways to connect to it.
This course will teach you about which mobile internet plans you can purchase and how to choose one to suit your needs and budget.
What you'll learn:
What is Wi-Fi?
- What kinds of devices use Wi-Fi?
- Connecting to Wi-Fi at home
- Understanding Wi-Fi range
- How is Wi-Fi different from 4G and 5G?
- What is a home network?
- What do I need for a home network?
- Connecting to my home network over Wi-Fi
- Connecting to my home network with a cable
- Internet speeds on your home network
- What is the NBN?
- What if my home network can’t connect to the internet?
Wi-Fi on the go
- Where can I use Wi-Fi?
- Why would I want Wi-Fi on the go?
- Connecting to public Wi-Fi
- Staying safer using public Wi-Fi
- An example of using public Wi-Fi
- What is a mobile network?
- How is a mobile network different from Wi-Fi?
- Connecting to a mobile network
- What sorts of devices can use mobile networks?
- Getting help with mobile networks
Heads up! Our courses has been hand-picked for retirees from our affiliate partners. If you buy something through one of our course links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we might get a small commission to support our community, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks for supporting us!
Fantastic Online Course
Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Diploma it's a fantastic online course. Very informative, easy to follow sessions with a test facility at the end of each session. You can complete this at your own pace any time of day or night, without any pressure and there is even help if you need it with tutors online. I would highly recommend New Skills Academy to anyone looking to gain a qualification but needs time to complete the course or cannot attend classes.
Julie Roach – Redditch, New Skills Academy learner partner of 4Retirees.
Yvonne Watkins, York, New Skills Academy learner, partner of 4Retirees