Social Work Practice in Community Organization, Management and Policy/Evaluation
About this course
Be a macro social work expert
In this social science course we will discuss various methods, strategies and skills within macro social work practice, used to help identify and address needs on a larger scale. You will gain knowledge and skills in the areas of community organizing, management, and policy advocacy, and learn about the various roles social workers play within these areas.
You can purchase certificate for an additional cost.
What you'll learn:
- Describe the historical, social, political and economic forces that have shaped and continue to shape macro practice in social work.
- Identify community organization, management, and policy-advocacy strategies for dealing with contemporary social work and social welfare problems.
- Demonstrate beginning level community organization, management, and policy advocacy skills in promoting social work values.
- Apply NASW’s Code of Ethics and other professional codes to the selection of action strategies, and in particular applying them to those situations which affect disadvantaged/discriminated against populations.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize selected macro assessment tools to develop client-centered interventions.
Heads up! Our courses has been hand-picked for retirees from our affiliate partners. If you buy something through one of our course links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we might get a small commission to support our community, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks for supporting us!
Fantastic Online Course
Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Diploma it's a fantastic online course. Very informative, easy to follow sessions with a test facility at the end of each session. You can complete this at your own pace any time of day or night, without any pressure and there is even help if you need it with tutors online. I would highly recommend New Skills Academy to anyone looking to gain a qualification but needs time to complete the course or cannot attend classes.
Julie Roach – Redditch, New Skills Academy learner partner of 4Retirees.
Yvonne Watkins, York, New Skills Academy learner, partner of 4Retirees