Hair Stylist Diploma
About this course
Be a Hair Stylist!
Anyone who wants to enjoy the rewarding career of a hair stylist will benefit from this information packed online course which is overflowing with valuable advice, tips and more to give you the knowledge you need to work in the hair industry. The course is designed to give you all the skills and knowledge you will need in this line of work to provide your clients with the best advice and service, helping you build your career or start your very own hair salon.
This diploma is for anyone who wants a career in the hair industry, whether you want to start your own salon or work in a salon as a stylist. You will find the course very easy to use and understand. The course is broken down into twenty seven easy to manage modules, each one providing you with valuable information you can start using in the workplace without delay.
On completion of this course, which you can access online with any device, you receive your certification which is industry recognised. All certifications can be verified via the website, giving prospective employers complete peace of mind when confirming your credentials.
There are numerous benefits to taking this course online. The hair stylist diploma will provide you with a solid foundation to start your career in the hairdressing industry. Some of the benefits you can enjoy when choosing this diploma are:
- Complete all coursework online
- Study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home
- Enjoy online support
- Access coursework on any device
- Lifetime access to modules
- The course is broken into easy to manage modules
- Fast track your career
What you'll learn:
Introduction to the hairdressing industry
- Learn why hairdressing is such a rewarding career
- Identify with hairdressing from pre-historic times
- Get insight into the evolution of hair styling from around the world from Egypt to Greece and Africa to Rome
- Information on training as an apprentice hairdresser in the United Kingdom
- What NVQ qualifications you will need to become a hair stylist in the United Kingdom
- Job availability within the UK
- Understand the anatomy of hair
- Know how hair grows along with its life cycle
- Know what parts of the hair determine colour and texture
- Learn the importance of client consultations
- Identify what equipment you are going to need
- Know the different types of combs and brushes
- Get insight into why shampoo is so important
- Learn about hair protein treatments, straightening creams, hair sprays and more
- Gain valuable information on client communications
- Know about front office etiquette and the best way to handle a client consultation
- Understand how to work with different hair types
- Enjoys tips and advice on how to run a successful salon
- Know why it is so important to base hairstyle on face shape
- Understand the different facial shapes
- Know how to shampoo and condition hair in a professional manner
- Enjoy step by step procedures to conditioning hair effectively
- Learn more about the hair dryer along with essential blow drying techniques
- Benefit from step by step hair styling techniques
- Gain insight into hair colouring techniques
- Get a good understanding of the different hair styling tips for special occasions and weddings
- Learn the different hair styles for children
- Identify with different hair up styling techniques and braiding
- Know everything there is about hair extensions
- Learn how to set prices
- Gain valuable insight into the importance of hygiene within the salon environment
- Know the importance of customer service
- Get tips and advice on setting up your own hair salon
- Learn some useful marketing strategies
- Get information on managing costs, forms and more
Heads up! Our courses has been hand-picked for retirees from our affiliate partners. If you buy something through one of our course links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we might get a small commission to support our community, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks for supporting us!
Fantastic Online Course
Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Diploma it's a fantastic online course. Very informative, easy to follow sessions with a test facility at the end of each session. You can complete this at your own pace any time of day or night, without any pressure and there is even help if you need it with tutors online. I would highly recommend New Skills Academy to anyone looking to gain a qualification but needs time to complete the course or cannot attend classes.
Julie Roach – Redditch, New Skills Academy learner partner of 4Retirees.
Yvonne Watkins, York, New Skills Academy learner, partner of 4Retirees