Getting started online
About this course
Be an expert internet user
In this course, you will learn all about browsing the internet. The course covers using a web browser to view websites, creating bookmarks and what copyright means online.
You will learn what an online form is, how to fill in forms on a website and how to correct mistakes on them. The course will also show you the different ways to complete online forms, such as text boxes and multiple choice answers.
In this course, you will learn how to search for things on the internet using search engines such as Google.
In this course, you will learn all about email accounts on the internet. The course covers how to set-up an email account, as well as how to open, read and send emails safely.
What you'll learn:
Using the internet
- All about browsing the internet.
- Using a web browser to view websites
- Creating bookmarks
- What copyright means online.
Using online forms
- What an online form is
- How to fill in forms on a website
- How to correct mistakes on them
- Different ways to complete online forms, such as text boxes and multiple choice answers.
- All about email accounts on the internet.
- How to set-up an email account, as well as how to open, read and send emails safely
Using search engines
- How to search for things on the internet using search engines such as Google.
- How to search for websites, using bookmarks and saving images and other files.
Introduction to internet safety
- Email safety
- Making credit card payments on the internet for online shopping
- How to keep your personal data safe online.
Heads up! Our courses has been hand-picked for retirees from our affiliate partners. If you buy something through one of our course links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we might get a small commission to support our community, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks for supporting us!
Fantastic Online Course
Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Diploma it's a fantastic online course. Very informative, easy to follow sessions with a test facility at the end of each session. You can complete this at your own pace any time of day or night, without any pressure and there is even help if you need it with tutors online. I would highly recommend New Skills Academy to anyone looking to gain a qualification but needs time to complete the course or cannot attend classes.
Julie Roach – Redditch, New Skills Academy learner partner of 4Retirees.
Yvonne Watkins, York, New Skills Academy learner, partner of 4Retirees