Downloading and saving documents
About this course
Learn ways on how to safely download thing from the internet!
Everyday we see interesting thing on the internet. Whether it be documents, articles, photos or videos. This course will teach you about how to download documents from the internet and how to do it safely.
You will learn different types of document formats and which ones are the safest to download.
The course will also teach you how to then store these documents on your computer or phone so you can find them easily in the future.
What you'll learn:
- Downloading from trusted sources
- Download from a trusted source.
- Look for the padlock
- What does the padlock mean?
Protecting yourself from a virus
- Getting a virus on your computer can affect how well the computer works.
- Look at what a computer virus is.
- Think before you click.
- Keep a backup.
- Get antivirus software.
What is antivirus software?
- Antivirus software is important for helping to protect your computer and keeping the files you store on it safe.
- Where do I get antivirus software?
- Downloading and installing antivirus software
Types of documents
- Understanding file types
- How to download a PDF
- Other type of documents such as JPEG, MP3 and MP4
Heads up! Our courses has been hand-picked for retirees from our affiliate partners. If you buy something through one of our course links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we might get a small commission to support our community, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks for supporting us!
Fantastic Online Course
Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Diploma it's a fantastic online course. Very informative, easy to follow sessions with a test facility at the end of each session. You can complete this at your own pace any time of day or night, without any pressure and there is even help if you need it with tutors online. I would highly recommend New Skills Academy to anyone looking to gain a qualification but needs time to complete the course or cannot attend classes.
Julie Roach – Redditch, New Skills Academy learner partner of 4Retirees.
Yvonne Watkins, York, New Skills Academy learner, partner of 4Retirees