Dog Grooming Diploma
About this course
Be a Professional Dog Groomer
Do you love working with animals and want to direct your career towards spending your day pampering and grooming them? Are you looking to secure a position in dog grooming or maybe start your own mobile business in your local area? Then the dog grooming diploma may be the right option for you.
Introduction to the dog grooming diploma
The dog grooming diploma is an information packed course that is broken down into easy to manage modules which you can study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. Each module focuses on different elements of dog grooming, providing you with the knowledge you need to make the animal comfortable, exceed at the job and achieve success moving forward.
The course is online, which enables you to study from anywhere at any time using any device. You get a lifetime access to your course modules, so you can revert back to them as and when needed with ease.
Once you have completed the course, you will be required to complete a multiple choice test. On successful completion you will be able to download and print your industry recognised certificate without delay. In the event you don’t pass the test the first time, you will be given a second chance to take the test, once you have had the time to go over the course notes.
What you'll learn:
Valuable knowledge and insights about dog grooming
- Learn why pet grooming is important, what equipment you need and your personality when dealing with animals.
- Get to understand the history behind pet grooming.
- Understand the anatomy of dogs, basic health, parasites and maintaining health.
- The importance of a pre-grooming health assessment and keeping clients updated on their pet’s health.
- Learn about the various skin and health disorders, along with the best way to groom a dog.
- Get valuable information on starting your own pet grooming business from identifying if it is the right choice for you to creating a business plan and more.
- Learn how to train dogs to enjoy a bath, steps leading up to a bath and bathing a fearful dog.
- Know how to set up your grooming area, workstation requirements, tools you will need, lighting and airflow.
- Learn when a dog should be referred to a vet.
- Learn the best way to bath a dog from the clothes you should be wearing to getting the dog in the bath.
- Learn the best way to dry a dog. Get an understanding on why shaking is so important, identify the best methods from air and towel drying to drying between the pads on the paws and more.
- Understand detailed grooming, such as nail clipping, eyes, ears, teeth and feet.
- Get a good understanding why you need to keep your workstation neat and tidy and why appearance is so important.
- Learn the various grooming emergencies from untangling knots to working with rescue dogs to emergencies and more.
- Know the law. Know what is expected of you as a business owner in the dog grooming industry from first aid to basic health and safety.
Heads up! Our courses has been hand-picked for retirees from our affiliate partners. If you buy something through one of our course links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we might get a small commission to support our community, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks for supporting us!
Fantastic Online Course
Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Diploma it's a fantastic online course. Very informative, easy to follow sessions with a test facility at the end of each session. You can complete this at your own pace any time of day or night, without any pressure and there is even help if you need it with tutors online. I would highly recommend New Skills Academy to anyone looking to gain a qualification but needs time to complete the course or cannot attend classes.
Julie Roach – Redditch, New Skills Academy learner partner of 4Retirees.
Yvonne Watkins, York, New Skills Academy learner, partner of 4Retirees