American Sign Language Certification Levels 1, 2 and 3
About this course
Learn the American Sign Language
American Sign Language is one of the most used visual languages among deaf communities across the world. As the number 1 sign language in North America and the number 3 sign language across the world, there are truly millions of people that use ASL to communicate. Whether these people are hard of hearing, have friends and family who are deaf, or learn it for other reasons, it’s clear that ASL is an essential form of communication.
Learning American Sign Language can offer you a wealth of different benefits, and it is a valuable addition to any resume. Employers increasingly look for workers with such skills, and it is necessary in some industries, such as the scuba diving industry.
What you'll learn:
The origin of American Sign Language and how it was developed
- The differences between ASL and other forms of sign language
- The basics of American Sign Language, including the entire sign language alphabet and other useful word and phrase signs
- About one of the most widely used forms of communication in America and across the world among the hard of hearing
- Emergency signs and how to react to a serious situation by using American Sign Language
- About a wide variety of career options and applications that American Sign Language can be used in
Heads up! Our courses has been hand-picked for retirees from our affiliate partners. If you buy something through one of our course links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we might get a small commission to support our community, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks for supporting us!
Fantastic Online Course
Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Diploma it's a fantastic online course. Very informative, easy to follow sessions with a test facility at the end of each session. You can complete this at your own pace any time of day or night, without any pressure and there is even help if you need it with tutors online. I would highly recommend New Skills Academy to anyone looking to gain a qualification but needs time to complete the course or cannot attend classes.
Julie Roach – Redditch, New Skills Academy learner partner of 4Retirees.
Yvonne Watkins, York, New Skills Academy learner, partner of 4Retirees