Retirement is a very important life event that people come across in their lives, only once. It is a milestone reached. This event causes a lot of mixed feelings for people. At one point, they are excited and happy about reaching this successful point in their life where they no longer have to work, but also are afraid of the uncertainty that future possibilities hold. In any case, reaching this milestone is something that should be greatly appreciated and congratulated. This can be done through personalized retirement messages.
As a third person, you can make your mark of encouragement by putting together the right words through a retirement card you would present to the recipient. You may be looking for the right words to put together but may feel confused. For this reason, we have compiled together with the top 9 retirement messages you must incorporate in a card to convey and express your true feelings of appreciation and gratitude towards the recipient.
A Simple Congratulations
The card you select will probably contain good retirement messages on it already, but to add a more special touch to it, be sure to add a congratulations message.
- “With all best wishes to you on your desired retirement. We hope that your retirement is filled with relaxation, fun, love, cuddles, and family time”
- “Well done on reaching retirement milestone! Enjoy your well-deserved time off with loved once.”
- “After all you’ve done for our dear <name>, it’s only fair to let the rest of the world get their turn. Wishing you the best of luck with your new adventures!”
Retirement messages shouldn’t be completely boring and strict in tone. There should be some sort of humor attached, to make the recipient feel less overwhelmed with what life has in store for him/her.
- “Congratulations on your retirement <name>! Now you’ll have more time for eating, sleeping in, gardening, fishing, reading, and golfing… unless you want to trade places with me, I am up for it?”
- “<Name> You’re a lucky bastard! All the best from all the rest left behind.”
- “Goodbye Tension Hello Pension J. We couldn’t be happier for you <name>. So, get your happy hat on and have a great time on the sun. Send postcards when you think of all of us.”
Reminders To Relax And Enjoy
The retirement messages you put forward should encourage the recipient to relax and enjoy the time off. You should reassure them that everything will be fine, and they should relax and spend time pursuing their dreams and passions which a job may have put on hold.
- “Here it is, the countdown has officially ended! You made it <name>! I’m going to miss you so much, especially that cheeky smile and your positive attitude and of course everything you’ve done to support me over the years. Wishing you the happiest retirement full of fun times, enjoyment, relaxation, and many good books!”
- “Wishing you a wonderful and peaceful retirement. Enjoy this new incredible chapter of your life and we hope it’s filled with good health, lots of smile, relaxation, and fun!”
- “Retirement is well known as the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new one. We know that the next chapter of your life is going to be as good or even better as your previous one! Congratulations <name>!”
The retirement messages should express complete appreciation for the amount of work and dedication put forward by the recipient over the years towards their job. They have reached this milestone due to the determination they possess, something not everyone has! They’ve made a great contribution to the world for truly dedicating their time to their career.
- “<name> thanks so much for all your hard work these past years, fielding all the emails and calls and making sure our office runs like Swiss clockwork. Not sure what we’re going to do without you <name> but be sure to enjoy it!”
- “One big thing you need to know is that we wouldn’t be where we are today without you <name>. Thanks for everything, all the best.”
- “Thank you for being the best human, a mentor, close friend, and one of the hardest workers I know in my life. Enjoy retirement <name>!”
The time of retirement may feel overwhelming. Focus your messages towards the future and encourage the recipient to explore different fields and activities. This phase is a new chapter in their life, not an ending. Communicate through your message that you truly believe in them for achieving greater things and uncovering new endeavors.
- “Happy retirement you lucky one! May your future include more of the things you are enjoying have a lot of fun with and none of the things you don’t do it or liking!”
- “<Name> massive congratulations on your lucky retirement and the world of possibilities ahead of you, your dreams just came through!”
- “You’ve done so much for us <name>, it’s only fair to let other lucky one gets their turn with you. Best of luck, wishing you many new adventures!”
Reminders To Stay In Touch
Another way to show that the retiree was important is to remind them that they left an imprint on your life and you would like for them to stay a part of it. Remind them to keep in touch with you! You may even want to list down some ways to stay in touch.
- “Congratulations on your wonderful retirement! It’s been a pleasure working with you my dear friend, you are the example to us all with your commitment, dedication, and hard work. Have a wonderful retirement, but make sure you stay in touch over the holiday emails J!”
- “Retiring means less or almost no responsibility and “kind of” no work. I am here in case you need help finding things to do, my garage could use a once over J! Congrats mate!
- “Do make sure you enjoy things wonderful retirement like you enjoyed working with all of us those last years! Send us some cool postcard from your next trip and other trips…”
You Will Be Missed
This message will make the retiree feel that they made a difference, enough to be missed. They will feel that they had an impact and it will touch their heart.
- “I’m going to miss so much not having you around – your energy, your charisma, your good mood as it’s so contagious and will be missed so much. Please don’t think we’ll ever find someone who organizes as nice birthday parties as you do!”
- “Your retirement is very well deserved <name> and be sure that you will be missed a lot!”
- “<name> you will be momentously missed! We hope you enjoy your awesome retirement as much as we enjoyed having you around the here. Wishing you all the best!”
Love And Pride
To add a more personalized touch to your message, express your pride in the retiree for reaching this milestone. Shower some love and care through your words onto them.
- “<Name> You are most defiantly a true friend! You guided me and you showed me that you can love your work if you love the people you work with and that was my experience with you. Thank you for kindly and smoothly proving that to me! Happy Retirement Mate!”
- “You are an amazing buddy, I will always remember all the little tips and tricks you taught me along the way. You are a kind and humble person, an inspiration to us all. Congrats on your well-deserved retirement ventures.”
- “<Name> when someone as brilliant as you finally gets to retire it makes my heart melt from happiness! Congratulation buddy, and all the best to your comforting years ahead!”
The closing of the message is what will leave the most impact. Make sure to make this a very warm close, expressing your gratitude and love all at once.
- “Thanks again for all the great reminiscences. Your inputs to [company] will never be disremembered.”
- “<name> you have been with [company] for many years, you have made an indisputable difference here to all of us. Congratulations on your departure—it won’t be the same here without you!”
- “<Name> I bet you never thought this day would finally come…You’re one of a kind people to us and we’re going to have a hard time replacing you! Can’t thank enough for what you have contributed over the years, we’ll miss your precision, dedication, kindness, and enthusiasm. Wishing you a long, brilliant, and happy retirement. Don’t be a stranger, say hi now and again.
Retirement messages matter a lot to retirees! They are ways to express pride, gratitude, and love towards the retiree. They also act as reassurance towards future endeavors and it is great if you can make an impact on someone’s life with the correct words of encouragement.
If you need more inspiration from your fellow’s retirees in person, simply log in or become a member in our community 4Retirees and you will get first-hand suggestions!